Located 27km from Puerto Rico, Culebra Island is a relaxing beach destination that has no hotels, casinos, golf courses, traffic or stress. It boasts its’ natural reserves, hiking trails, snorkeling sites and beautiful beaches. This gorgeous destination of Puerto Rico offers amazing experiences to nature lovers, solitude seekers and adventurers. The archipelago of Culebra consists of the main island and 23 smaller islands. There are wonderful cays in Culebra including Culebritato the east, Cayo Norte on the northeastern side, Cayo Luis Peña and Cayo Lobo on the west side. If you are planning a vacation in Puerto Rico, add Culebra Island to your itinerary so that you can experience the tranquility of this stunning place.
Top Attractions in Culebra
- Flamenco Beach: It is considered the second most beautiful beach in the world by the Discovery Channel. Flamenco Beach yacht charters is the perfect place for snorkeling, sunbathing, swimming and camping. Also, you can rent beach accessories from several kiosks situated on the beach.
- Culebrita: It is a short six-mile sail from Culebra. You can visit its 19th-century Lighthouse, Playa Tortuga, five other beaches, tide pools and reefs.
- Zoni Beach: Located on the Northeastern coast of Culebra, Zoni Beach is beautiful because of its white sand and crystal clear waters. While exploring the beach, be on the lookout for nesting areas which are home to Leatherback and Hawksbill turtles.
- Tamarindo Beach: Tamarindo Beach is a gem of Culebra. Its beach is made of pure white sand and coral stones. It is a great place to explore the underwater life.
- Playa Carlos Rosario: If you are looking for a quieter beach and want to experience great snorkeling locations, then Playa Carlos Rosario is the right option for you.
- Cayo Luis Peña: It is a private island where visitors are allowed to partake in nature walks, snorkeling and swimming.
- Melones Beach: It is a romantic and secluded beach. Sunset lovers head to the beach before dinner for catching some wonderful sunset views. The beach is made of beautiful corals and pebbles.
- Culebra National Wildlife Refuge: You can see different species of seabirds and other wildlife.
- Playa Punta Soldado: It is known for its diverse marine life under the water. There are no facilities and no kiosks on the beach, so plan accordingly. You can snorkel here and enjoy beautiful views from the beach.
- Other attractions: Cayo Norte, Playa Resaca, Ensenada Honda, Playa Brava, Cayo Botella, Cayo Lobo, Cayo Raton, Playa Sardinas, Playa Larga, Ensenada Dakity, Playa Manzanilla, El Ancon and Laguna del Flamenco, among others.
Best Hotels and Restaurants
Best Hotels: As we mentioned above, Culebra isn't an elaborate destination with luxury hotels. Some of the top hotels to stay in Culebra are Club Seabourne Hotel, Hotel Kokomo, Costa Bonita Culebra Villas Privadas, Oceania Villas, Country Family, Hillbay View Suites, Villa Ensenada Honda, Palmetto Guesthouse, Costa Bonita Private Villa 604, Casa Mar Azul, W Retreat & Spa, Casa Ladera, Bravo Beach Hotel, Culebra Moon Villas and Hector's By the Sea just to name a few.
Best Restaurants: From seafood and pasta, fresh bakeries to organic foods, Culebra boasts a variety of restaurants. Top restaurants include Blac Flamingo Coffee, Zaco's Tacos, VibraVerde, El Eden, Tiki's Grill, Susie's Dinghy Dock, Heather's, ColmadoMilka, Pancafe Bakery and Superette Mayra, etc.
Top Things to do in Culebra
- Relaxing at the Beach: Culebra boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Some are popular amongst tourists while others are untouched by the modern world. Culebra will give you the relaxing vacation you are looking for.
- Snorkeling and Diving: Culebra has the most ideal snorkeling sites in the world. The underwater marine lifehere is vibrant with a variety of coral reefs, sea turtles, sea urchins, squids and other tropical fish species. Top snorkeling sites are Carlos Rosario Beach, Playa Melones, Tamarindo Beach, Culebra National Wildlife Refuge's Luis Pena Cay, Zoni Beach and Playa Punta de Soldado.
- Biking and hiking: Culebra isvery bike-friendly. You can rent a bike from local vendors and soak in the locals’ laid-back lifestyle. Also, Culebra has great mountain biking trails.
- Yoga, massage, and relaxing: Culebra is all about relaxation. You can partake in yoga at a beach, get a massage from a masseuse, or you can just lounge around in the white sand.
- Swimming and sunbathing: Culebra's serene lush environment, cool breezes, and turquoise tranquil water – make it a hot destination for travellers, experience them firsthand while sunbathing and swimming in the beautiful beaches like Tamarindo Beach, Cay Luis Peña and Flamenco Beach.
Culebra isn't just an outer island of Puerto Rico, it is a popular destination to visit. At Yachts Puerto Rico Charters, we can make your relaxing vacation, luxurious with our vessel options. Whether you want to visit all the beaches, partake in snorkeling at top sites, or enjoy biking and hiking, we can help you! Our yachts are fully equipped with modern amenities and our professional crew will be there to cater to your personal needs. Ready to book your private charter for your Culebra vacation? Contact our charter specialist today!