The Caribbean Ocean surrounding Puerto Rico is filled with coral reefs, caves, sea walls and trenches, making the island perfect for scuba diving and snorkeling. At Yachts Puerto Rico Charters, we provide scuba diving excursions and snorkeling tours. We provide private charters to help you explore the stunning underwater world. Our dive boats are inspected and certified. We have PADI certified scuba instructors who will help you safely explore coral reefs and fish species of the Caribbean Sea. Glide over crystal clear waters to reach the deep sea and experience abundant sea life and healthy coral reefs. Here is a snorkelling/ diving guide that willl help you plan your diving itinerary in Puerto Rico.
Best Snorkeling and Diving Spots in Puerto Rico
- Culebra: It is known as the one of the best snorkeling spots in the world. Low development has helped the island to preserve its coral reefs. For a magical snorkeling experience, head to Tamarindo Beach, Flamenco Beach, Melones Beach, Punta de Soldedo Beach and Culebrita. If you are traveling with children, snorkel near the beaches that have shallow waters.
- Vieques: Vieques has clear waters and excellent visibility. You can see amazing varieties of marine life such as turtles, eagle rays, hawksbill, etc. Best snorkeling and diving spots are Bahia de la Chiva, Punta Arenas, Cayo Blanco, Cayo de Afuera, Mosquito Pier, Pata Prieta and Gringo.
- La Parguera Nature Reserve: This nature reserve has mangroves, salt marshes, natural pools and small cays. La Parguera's waters are home to barracuda, dolphins, turtles and manatees.
- MonaIsland: It is called “The Galapagos of the Caribbean” because of its rich, healthy coral reefs. The unharmed coral reefs in Mona Island provide a habitat for sea life, you will get to see marine life like dolphins and humpback whales while snorkeling here.
- Fajardo: This Island provides the best place to explore the natural seascape and its active life because the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea converge nearby Fajardo. Its reef system consists of limestone, sea fans, sea rods, sea turtlesand tropical fish species. The best spots for snorkeling are CayoIcacos, Playa Escondida, Cayos De La Cordillera Nature Reserve and Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve.
- San Juan: The underwater visibility near San Juan is 3-6m. You will see marine animals like butterflyfish, sea horses, octopus and coral shrimp. Condado, Escambron Beach and Carolina can be your starting point for a memorable snorkeling trip.
- Other Places: Humacao, Crashboat Beach, Mosquito Bay Beach, Isla de Guilligan, Cayo Enrique, Steps Beach, Tropical Trail Rides, Caja de Muertos, Playa Corcega, Desecheo Island, Isla Ballena, Tres Palmasand Rincon.
For an exceptional diving experience, a private yacht charter is the best way to go! Whether you want to snorkel with your family, friends or clients, we can organize personalized charters for a memorable experience. We also provide night excursions to one of the most beautiful bioluminescent bays in Fajardo. For longer term charters, we can take you to the nearby cays and islets of Palomino, Lobos, the US Virgin Island, the British Virgin Island, Cuba and more.
Choose between half-day snorkeling charters or full-day charter. Whatever option you choose, you and your group will get receive, beverages, fruits and meals aboard your private charter. Menus can be changed depending upon your request.
Whether you want to see the unspoiled marine life of Puerto Rico or looking for an underwater aquatic adventure, we can make it happen! Contact our yacht charter specialist to discuss what you want to explore in Puerto Rico and then book your private charter, well in advance. Send your inqueries to firstname.lastname@example.org.